Activated Charcoal literally sucks up poisons and gases in your stomach and intestine, such as
- Toxic amines
- Peptotoxins of decomposed foods
- Bacterial toxins
- Nitrogenous and organic wastes
- Carbon dioxide
All the above are the product of indigestion, food poisoning or an allergic reaction to the food you have eaten.
These offending substances are adsorbed by the porous surfaces of tiny charcoal particles and escorted through to evacuation of the bowel.
Activated Charcoal is not digested or dissolved by the acids or alkalis of the digestive tract and therefore it is not assimilated into the blood stream, rendering it absolutely non-toxic.
Tummy Ache, Intestinal gas and flatulence:
- Naturmade’s CharcoCaps ® and CharcoTabs ® are extremely effective at reducing gas and bloating.
- They also reduce tummy rumbles and cramping caused by toxicity and gas.
- By eliminating gas in the intestinal tract, they can help alleviate much of the distress associated with it.
- The principal indication for Naturmade’s CharcoCaps ® and CharcoTabs ® is for the relief of intestinal flatulence and associated symptoms.
- As an emergency antidote to swallowed poisons, activated charcoal is without equal among known and commonly used adsorbents.
- It is an antidote in practically all poisonings.
- Naturmade’s CharcoCaps ® and CharcoTabs ® are for the treatment of poisonings or toxic conditions, which result from eating foods that are tainted or spoilt.
- Nausea, vomiting, foul tasting eructation (Burping), abdominal cramps, rumbling in the intestines and diarrhoea are some of the symptoms of food poisoning. Our activated charcoal can adsorb the offending substances and arrest symptoms.
Drug overdose or toxicity:
- Naturmade’s CharcoCaps ® and CharcoTabs ® can adsorb a drug which has been taken mistakenly or overdose.
- If taken immediately after the drug has been swallowed, it will adsorb enough to prevent some toxic effect.