500g Peeled potatoes
200g Diced and peeled butternut
Pinch Sea Salt
• Boil the potatoes until soft. (Do not over boil)
• Mash using a hand masher.
• Add milk and nutmeg
• Mash until light and fluffy.
2 Red peppers Diced
2 Green chilies
2tbsp Chopped Garlic
2 Diced onions
180g Chopped mushrooms
300g Black Lentils
500ml Veg stock liquid
1 Sprig Thyme
1 Tsp Curry powder
3 tbsp tomato paste
• Cook the lentils first until soft.
• Wash peppers and chilies.
• Remove interiors of both the chilies and the peppers and Dice.
• Finely chop the onion.
• Finely chop the garlic.
• Heat a heavy based pot with olive oil.
• Sauté the onions and the garlic for +/- 2-3minutes
• Add the peppers and the chilies and sauté further
• Add the cooked lentils.
• Now add the curry powder and stir in evenly
• Add the sliced mushrooms.
• Allow the lentils to simmer for a further few minutes to extract the full flavour.
• Then add the tomato paste and stir in evenly.
• Now add the stock and simmer until cooked.
• Place the lentil mix into a casserole dish.
• Top with mash potato and butternut topping.
• Garnish with either cheese, breadcrumbs, Parmesan.
• Bake in the oven until the top is browned.