Tofu Chilli Hot Pot Recipe
This tantalising Tofu Chilli Hot Pot Recipe serves 6 people and is perfect for chilly weather
1 x 400g Earth smoked tofu, drained
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 small jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped.
2 cups fresh corn
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
400g diced tomatoes, with their liquid
400g can tomato sauce
1 tablespoons chilli powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
Tamari to taste
1. Dry the smoked tofu using a paper towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible, crumble tofu and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
3. Add pepper, onion, jalapeño and corn and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add broth, beans, crumbled tofu, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilli powder, cumin and salt or tamari and stir well.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered or partially covered, stirring occasionally, until thickened and flavours have melded, about 45 minutes.