2 ½ Cup dried lentils
10 cups of homemade veg stock
2 Stalks celery, cut into one-inch chunks
4 medium sized carrots cut into chunks
2 tsp salt
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
3 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp Tomato past
1 tbsp turmeric
• Rinse the lentils and cook for 20 –30 minutes.
• Halve the diced onions into two groups
• Sauté the one half of onions in the olive oil
• When the onions are translucent add the lentils.
• Sauté for a minute or so the stir in the tomato paste.
• Add the seven cups of veg stock and bring to boil.
• Meanwhile mix the celery, the other half of onion and carrots with the remaining three cups of stock in a blender and blend.
• Add the veg mix to the lentils and simmer.
• Season with salt, basil and oregano.
• Simmer for 1-¼ hours.
• Stir in soy sauce and add black pepper to taste.