4 cups Spelt flour (Preferably Organic)
40g Sunflower seeds
15g Poppy seeds
15g Sesame seeds
10g Dry yeast
1 tbsp Organic sugar Syrup
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Black salt
1 tbsp Molasses or honey
350ml Tepid water
1 tblsp Sunflower/olive oil
• Mix the water, yeast, molasses and sugar together in a bowl.
• Allow the yeast to begin fermentation (+/- 10-15minutes)
• When the yeast is frothy it is ready to be added to the rest of the ingredients.
• Mix the rest of the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Keep some seeds aside for the topping.
• When the yeast is ready add the wet ingredients slowly to the dry ingredients.
• Mix gently.
• Do not over mix.
• The dough must look wet. (Similar to a fruit cake mix)
• Set aside and allow the dough prove, until double in size. Cover with a warm damp cloth. Proving time depends on the temperature of your kitchen.
• Grease your bread tins and set aside.
• Knock down the dough gently and place into your bread tins.
• Garnish the bread with the remainder seeds.
• Set aside and allow it to rise until nearly double in size.
• Place into preheated oven at 180 degrees for +/- 40 minutes.